DIG Irrigation AFI 3000-75 3-Gallon Fertilizer Injector, 3/4" FPT x 3/4" FPT
DIG’s Add-It™ proportional fertilizer injectors are designed for use with drip irrigation or conventional sprinkler systems and operate by mixing fertilizer and feeding plants automatically and proportionally without a pump or spreader hose. Available with up to 5 gallon tank and with 1/2? to 2? inlet and outlets, the fertilizer injectors are economical, flexible and are easy to use. They can be used with any brand of liquid or water-soluble fertilizers for residential, commercial, agricultural, and greenhouse applications. The injectors are constructed of heavy-walled, UV-resistant PVC without any moving parts, which allows for maintenance-free operation.
- Designed to operate and use under constant static water pressure presented in any irrigation system of up to 80 PSI
- Applies the optimum rate of liquid fertilizer or additive with no leftover residues or minerals
- Available in varying tank and canister sizes with capacities of 1.5 quarts, .5, 1, 2, 3 and 5 gallons (.5, 1.4, 1.9, 3.8 and 7.6 liters).
- Available with ½”, ¾”, 1” 11/2” and 2” FNPT inlet and outlets with ¾” also available with ¾” FPT x ¾” MHT
- Installed above or below grade inside an irrigation box
- Preset to apply a specific ratio consistently and proportionately versus quantitative injectors that apply a specific amount of fertilizer
Why is liquid fertilizer recommended?
Studies have shown that all fertilizer must be in liquid form in order to be absorbed by plants. The properties of liquid fertilizers are far different from dry forms (such as time-release pellets) by the way they move through the soil and become available to plants. Liquid fertilizer, which includes water soluble fertilizer that has been premixed with water, is faster and superior to dry forms when applied frequently, and in small amounts. This enables plants to absorb the nutrients before they are washed away. This also means that there are no stress periods of higher or lower levels of fertilizer which inhibits growth, and no leaching can take place by over watering, which might contaminate natural waters.
- Operating pressure: 10 to 80 PSI (.7 to 5.5 BAR)
- Minimum operating pressure: 10 PSI (.7 BAR)
- Minimum flow rate: .5 to 20 GPM depending on size.
- Preset Ratio: 200:1, 200 parts water to 1 part additive.
- Sizes: 1.5 quarts, .5, 1, 2, 3 and 5 gallons (1.4, 1.9, 3.8, 7.6, 11.4 and 19.0 liters)
- Temperature range: up to 130°F (54°C)
- Inlet and outlet threads: FHT, FPT or BSP
- Material: PVC
- Mounting: 1.5 quarts, .5 , 1 and 2 gallons vertical. 3 and 5 gallons horizonal
- Color: Black or white