Glentronics The Basement Watchdog BWC1 Universal Dual Float Switch
As more and more families use their basements for family rooms, media rooms, offices, and even extra bedrooms, it becomes more important to keep this space dry. Ideally, a basement will have a variety of safeguards in place. All Basement Watchdog backup and combos come with a dual float switch.
What Makes Our Switches Better?
- Two float switches for added protection and redundancy
- The primary float switch activates the pump when water reaches the float
- The secondary float is a safeguard for the primary float, which can also activate the pump
- Automatic pump activation
- Controller will run the pump for an extra 10 seconds to drain excess water after float switch drops
- Adjustable to any height
- Easy installation
- Battery backup systems come with the dual float switch
- Most Basement Watchdog primary sump pumps include our dual float switch with protective cage - can also be bought separately and used as a replacement switch for any sump pump system
BEST WAY TO ACTIVATE A PUMP:The controller for the Basement Watchdog Emergency (Model BWE) provides crucial, 24-hour-a-day monitoring of pump, power and battery conditions, ensuring your sump pump is ready to protect. The easy-to-understand controllers detects irregularities, sounds an alarm, and visually pinpoints problems and solutions on the front panel.
IF ONE IS GOOD, TWO IS BETTER:The Basement Watchdog Universal Dual Float Switch (Model BWC1) includes two floats for added protection; the second float is a fail-safe that will activate your sump pump if needed.
SO GOOD IT PROTECTS ITSELF:The Basement Watchdog Universal Dual Float Switch has a protective cage to keep debris and wires from interfering with movement of the float. It has a curved and vented bottom that self-washes to prevent buildup, and the solid top protects the floats.
WORKS WITH MOST BRANDS:If the switch fails on your existing sump pump of a different brand, replace it with the most reliable switch available. Remove your faulty switch and install The Basement Watchdog Universal Dual Float Switch (Model BWC1).
DIY INSTALLATION:The Watchdog Universal Dual Float Switch (Model BWC1) installs easily with just a few twists of a screwdriver using the included stainless steel hose clamp. The switch fits on both 1-½" and 1-¼" pipes.
ADJUSTABLE ACTIVATION POINT:The BWC1 is adjustable to any height, so you can customize it to fit your pit. Since The Basement Watchdog Dual Float Switch is not mounted to the pump, simply place the switch at your desired ‘turn on’ height and tighten the included hose clamp to the discharge pipe.