Rain Bird Field Decoders provide easy, cost-effective installation and expansion for SiteControl Decoder or ESP-LXD Decoder Central Control Systems. Decoders are installed out of sight to help protect them from the elements and vandalism.
A technology long-since proven on golf courses around the world, Rain Bird decoders provide "best-in-class" field control on centrally controlled 2-wire irrigation systems. Installed underground and featuring simple, low-cost wiring, decoders are an aesthetically pleasing, full-featured, economical option for reliable in-field control.
A simple wiring configuration and absence of protective enclosures keeps installation and maintenance costs low. Rain Bird decoders are a “true lower than 30 volt” system that utilize a two-wire path of 14-gauge wire connecting the central control system, decoders and valves or valve-in-head sprinklers.
With all electronic components fully sealed within a water?tight enclosure and buried underground, damage from floods, frost, rodents or vandals is virtually eliminated. Rain Bird decoders are an especially good choice for flood plains.
Field Decoder Turf Features Include:
- Mounting: In valve box or direct burial.
- Power Draw: 0.5 mA (idle) 18 mA (per active solenoid)
- Length: 3.35 in. (85 mm)
- Diameter: 1.77 in. (45 mm)
- Solenoids: 1 address, 2 solenoid per address
- Wires: Blue to cable, white to solenoid
- Output Power: Adjustable from controller
- Encapsulation: Fully waterproof
- Address: Pre-coded from factory (i.e., no switches)
- Nominal voltage: 34 Vpp (24V AC) from 2-wire line
- Minimum voltage: 21 Vpp (15V AC)
- Standby Current:0.5 mA
- Eectrical Output: Max. voltage: 33 Vpp
- Max. load: 2 Rain Bird solenoid
- Electrical Resistance: Max. 3 ohms
- Cable length: 456 feet
- Wiring: 2 x 14-gauge (1.5 mm2) solid copper, UF insulated type
- Working range: 32° to 122° F (0° to 50° C)
- Storage range: -4° to 158° F (-20 to 70° C)
- Humidity: 100%