Whitlam Flow-Aide System Descaler Kit
Whitlam Flow-Aide System Descaler Kit has been designed to work with Tankless Water Heaters that provide 3/4" hot and cold service connections. Whitlam Flow-Aide System Descaler is NSF approved and safe to dispose of in drains*.
*The solution is biodegradable with a BOD value of 16 mg/l. This normally allows the solution to be water flushed down sewers. Check with local ordinances and regulations in your area prior to disposal.
1. Disconnect power to water heater.
2. Close hot and cold isolation and service valves and remove service caps.
3. Pour 1.25 gallons of water into bucket and place under water heater.
4. Add contents of 1 quart bottle of Whitlam Flow-Aide into bucket (Bucket should be filled approximately 1/2 full). The higher the concentration the faster the system will be cleaned. Minimum dilutions is 1 part water to 1 part Flow-Aide. Be sure to have enough solution to keep the pump submersed when in use.
5. Connect one hose to pump, and other end of same hose to cold service valve. Place pump in bucket.
6. Connect second hose to hot service valve. Place other end in bucket.
7. Open both hot and cold service valves.
8. Plug pump into grounded receptacle.
9. Allow pump to circulate Whitlam Flow-Aide solution through heater for 30-45 minutes. Unplug pump.
10. Close cold service valve. Remove hose from cold service valve, and replace service cap.
11. Disconnect the hose from the pump and remove pump from bucket. Discard Whitlam Flow-Aide solution.
12. Flush tankless water heater for 3-5 minutes or until water flows clear by opening the cold isolation valve and allowing water to exit through the hot service valve into a drain or bucket. If using a bucket, empty periodically.
13. Close hot service valve. Remove hose from service valve and replace service cap.
14. Open hot isolation valve.
15. Connect power to water heater and return appliance to service.
1 - 3.5 Gallon Bucket
1 - 500 GPH Pump
2 - 5 Foot Rubber Hoses
1 - Quart Flow-Aide
If service valves have not been installed on your heater, then the heater must be disconnected from the plumbing and drained, and the Whitlam Flow-Aide System Descaler Kit must be connected directly to the cold and hot water connections.