Specification | Installation
Rain Bird’s copper-colored XFS Dripline with Copper Shield™ for sub-surface drip irrigation is the latest innovation in the Rain Bird Xerigation® Family. Rain Bird’s patent-pending Copper Shield Technology protects the emitter from root intrusion, creating a long-lasting, low maintenance sub-surface drip irrigation system for use under turf grass or shrub and groundcover areas. Having the copper color outside ensures the copper chip is inside and that your dripline is protected from root intrusion.
XFS Dripline with Copper Shield is perfect for small, narrow and tight planting areas, as well as areas with tight curves or many switchbacks. It accepts Rain Bird Easy Fit Compression Fittings, XFF Barbed Insert Fittings and other 17 mm barbed insert fittings.
- XFS Sub-Surface Dripline - 0.9 GPH, 18 in. Spacing, 500 ft. Coil
- Patent-pending Copper Shield™ Technology protects emitters from root intrusion
- Unique material offers significantly greater flexibility, allowing tighter turns with fewer elbows for easier installation
- Low profile emitter design reduces in-line pressure loss, allowing longer lateral runs.
- Ideal for on-surface and sub-surface applications.
- Accepts Rain Bird Easy Fit Compression Fittings, XF Dripline Insert Fittings and 17mm insert fittings
- Use an Air/Vacuum Relief Valve Kit when installation is below soil
- The pressure-compensating emitter design provides a consistent flow over the entire lateral length ensuring higher uniformity for increased reliability in the pressure range of 8.5 to 60 psi
- Copper-colored, dual-layered tubing provides unmatched resistance to chemicals, algae growth and UV damage
- Proprietary emitter design resists clogging by use of an extra-wide flow path combined with self-flushing action
- Application: On Surface, Sub-Surface
- Features: Copper Shield Root Intrusion Protection, Extra Flexible, Self-extracting Coil
- Emitter Spacing: 18 in
- Tubing Diameter: 1/2 in
- Flow Rate: 0.9 gph
- Outside diameter: 0.634" (16.1 mm)
- Inside diameter: 0.536" (13.6 mm)
- Wall thickness: 0.049" (1.2 mm)
- Use with XF Dripline Insert Fittings, Easy Fit Compression Fittings, and 17mm Insert Fittings.
- Operating Range:
- Pressure: 8.5 to 60 psi (0.58 to 4.14 bar)
- Temperature: Up to 100° F (43.3 C) water; up to 125 F (51.7° C) ambient
- Required filtration: 120 mesh
Intermatic Pool Timer Troubleshooting StepsRead now
If you're a pool owner, you know that keeping your pool clean and well-maintained is essential. One of the most important parts of pool maintenance is ensuring that your pool pump is running on a regular schedule. That's where Intermatic...
Get Your Pool Ready for SummerRead now
Swimming pools are an excellent way to beat the heat and enjoy a refreshing dip during the summer months. However, owning a pool requires regular maintenance, including pool cleaning. Regular pool cleaning is not only important for aesthetic purposes but...
RGBW Color Changing MR16 Options For Landscape LightingRead now
Sollos Color Splash MR16 and Unique Vivid Series MR16 RGB: An Innovative Color Landscape Lighting Solution for Any Space Lighting is an essential element in any space, and it can significantly impact the mood and ambiance of a room. With...