The 493 Series Anti-Siphon Wall Hydrant was added to PRIER's offering with our 2007 purchase of Mansfield’s Brass Division.
The 493 Series, also available in Lead Free, is similar to Mansfield’s original patented vacuum breaker design, now manufactured by PRIER in our Kansas City area plant. The 493 Series provides year-round water to areas of structures that are prone to freezing, with the added protection of an anti-siphon device and backflow preventor. The hydrant valve is connected to the supply piping in the heated portion of the structure, eliminating the possibility of freezing. The valve is approved to ASSE, IAPMO and CSA standards.
The 493 Series is a “smart-turn” design, 180 degree opening and closing, for easy operation and flow control.
The Mansfield 493 Series is available in sizes from 4” to 14”, in 2” increments.
- ASSE 1019 and C-UPC approved
- Easy half-turn operation
- Integral cast backflange
- Wide screw holes easily secure mounting screws
- Aluminum vacuum breaker cap with increased durability
- Solid brass body and seat
- Satin nickel plated body maintains attractive finish
- Stainless steel handle screw
- Easy grip polycarbonate operating handle
- Durable ACME threads secure stem at seat end
- Solid stem design with EPDM backflow preventor
- AFG teflon with graphite packing for easy maintenance
- Field repairable with no special tools
- Spout aligning mark
RGBW Color Changing MR16 Options For Landscape LightingRead now
Sollos Color Splash MR16 and Unique Vivid Series MR16 RGB: An Innovative Color Landscape Lighting Solution for Any Space Lighting is an essential element in any space, and it can significantly impact the mood and ambiance of a room. With...
Turtle Safe LED LightsRead now
In recent years, turtle populations have been declining due to various factors, including light pollution. Turtles use the natural light from the moon and stars to navigate, but artificial lights can confuse them and lead them away from their natural...
How Tankless Water Heaters WorkRead now
A tankless Rinnai water heater works by heating water on demand as it flows through the unit, rather than storing and continuously heating a large tank of water like traditional water heaters. Here are the steps of how a tankless...