DIG’s heavy-duty 3/4” and 1” Plastic Disc Filters with pipe thread aid in efficient operation of a drip irrigation system in residential and commercial applications. The disc filters’ three-dimensional filtration mechanism consists of plastic grooved discs compressed and stacked together on a plastic spine to form the cylindrical filter element, effectively filtering the water and removing sediments and debris which then accumulate on the outer face of the stacked discs. The low maintenance, inexpensive disc filters provide reliable and trouble-free operation by removing fine sand and other particles that could otherwise block the small water passages of the drip and micro sprinklers.
- Disc filter consists of a body, cover and grooved disc cylinders stacked on a plastic spine, forming a cylindrical filter element. Disks are compressed together inside the filter housing by a spring located at the bottom of the filter cover to provide three-dimensional filtration
- Sediments and debris accumulate on the outer face of the stacked discs, allowing clean water to flow through the stacked discs and out of the filter
- Disc elements provide in-depth filtration to retain organic matter and debris
- Disc elements have a greater holding capacity versus screen filters, allowing for less frequent cleaning
- During operation, the disc elements are tightly pressed together by pressure and the spring at the filter bottom to support high filtration efficiency
- Discs have excellent resistance to most common chemicals used in landscape applications
- Filter allows for easy maintenance; the discs can be extracted for cleaning
- Interchangeable color-coded discs and stainless-steel screen elements provide for easy identification and a wide range of options for degree of filtration
- Can operate within a single drip zone or can be combined to form a filter battery manifold with multiple units
- Used for multi-application of irrigation water with wastewater, reclaimed water and spray tanks
- Constructed of UV-resistant, durable plastic material to withstand the most adverse conditions
- Flow rates: 3/4" 1": up to 18 GPM (4 m3/h)
- Operating pressure: up to 120 PSI (8.3 BAR)
- Temperature range: up to 130°F (54°C)
- Inlet and outlet size: 3/4" and 1" MNPT
- Filter and Disc Materials
- Housing and discs: polypropylene
- O-ring: EPDM
- Pressure testing ports: polypropylene
- Pressure testing seals: natural rubber BR
- Disc cylinder assembly: polypropylene / PBT
- Spring: stainless steel 304
RGBW Color Changing MR16 Options For Landscape LightingRead now
Sollos Color Splash MR16 and Unique Vivid Series MR16 RGB: An Innovative Color Landscape Lighting Solution for Any Space Lighting is an essential element in any space, and it can significantly impact the mood and ambiance of a room. With...
Turtle Safe LED LightsRead now
In recent years, turtle populations have been declining due to various factors, including light pollution. Turtles use the natural light from the moon and stars to navigate, but artificial lights can confuse them and lead them away from their natural...
How Tankless Water Heaters WorkRead now
A tankless Rinnai water heater works by heating water on demand as it flows through the unit, rather than storing and continuously heating a large tank of water like traditional water heaters. Here are the steps of how a tankless...