Standard Twin Tank Softener - 1" Line for EWS/CWL TT1054
*Won't be Available until Spring 2022*
Point of Entry Softener Unit Suitable for All Homes with 3/4? to 1 1/4? Line Sizes.
Our TT1054 Twin Tank salt softener fits line sizes 3/4? to 1 1/4? and does not inhibit flow rates. The exclusive digital high-efficiency metered valve meets the highest standards to waste less water, use less salts, create less brine discharge, and allows a more even effect of softened water at all times up to 12 gallons per minute (gpm). No other softener on the market is as efficient or made with such high quality standards.
Designed for continuous flow rates up to 12 gpm. The brine tank holds up to 300 lbs. of sodium chloride resin.
Please note that salt softeners do not provide any filtration, and do not remove any chlorine, chloramine, VOCs, etc. (only water filtration units such as the EWS Series or CWL Series provide filtration).
Made in the USA.
WHAT IS A SOFTENER & DOES IT FILTER THE WATER?
A softener uses sodium chloride or potassium chloride (both salts) to remove naturally occurring calcium and magnesium minerals in the water through a process called ion exchange. The minerals are replaced by salt. As a result, there is no hard mineral scale build-up in pipes or on surfaces, however, there are several disadvantages.
One disadvantage is that softened water is corrosive and will eat away at pipes and connections, often voiding warranties for kitchen appliances such as dishwashers and refrigerators, as well as pool equipment and hose bibs. Another disadvantage is that salt softeners and their brine discharge are destructive to the environment, and as a result, are illegal or restricted in many areas in the United States.
Salt softeners are not filtration devices and do not remove any chlorine, chloramine, VOCs, or other contaminants. You will still have chlorine and contaminants in your water, and will need a CWL Series or EWS Series whole home filtration system and/or a EWS reverse osmosis drinking water system at the kitchen sink for your drinking and cooking needs. If you have plants and pets, you will need the reverse osmosis water for their use as well, since plants will not tolerate salt softened water.
The TT 1054 At A Glance.
- Any home with a 3/4? to 1 1/4? water main service line.
- 12 gallons per minute (gpm) flow rate.
- For those who prefer the “slippery feeling” or other perceived salt softening advantages.
- City water or well water*.
- Our Standards. Manufactured and Assembled in the USA.
All product and components are compliant for food and beverage contact and comply, meet or exceed all current and applicable standards without exception.
All EWS product has been independently tested by an accredited third-party laboratory to meet and/or exceed all relevant FDA, California State regulations, and NSF standards for all claims made regarding NSF/ANSI standards. All EWS product is No-Lead Compliant to California AB1953.
- The Most Efficient Softeners on the Market: The EWS manufactured salt softeners are some of the best and most efficient softeners on the market, even though we generally advise against their use.
- Healthier Home & Lifestyle: Combine an EWS Series or CWL Series whole home filtration system with a salt softener (on the hot-side only) and enjoy chlorine-free, healthy, filtered water for your entire home or facility, while restricting the harmful side effects of salt softened water. Safe for all uses, including drinking, bathing/showering, pets, plants, pools, spas and plumbing?. Safely removes chlorine and chemicals, resulting in healthier water for skin, hair and body.
- Easy to Install & Use: Installs easily like a water heater at the main water supply line to your home. Salt softeners do require a plumbing “loop” or bypass to prevent drinking taps, pools, and plants from using salt softened water. Produces brine discharge. Maintains the flow rate and pressure you are used to.
- Model #: TT1054
- Diameter (in.): 10 in.
- Height (in.): 63 in.
- Weight (lb.): 200 lbs.