Specification | Installation
It’s time for a little feedback from the roots. With the new SMRT-Y Soil Moisture Sensor Kit from Rain Bird, an irrigation controller is directly linked to the absolute moisture requirements of a site’s vegetation.
When the sensor detects dry conditions, the next scheduled watering cycle is allowed. If a site’s soil moisture level is above the threshold, the irrigation cycle is suspended. There are just two basic components: an in-ground sensor and a user interface at the controller.
- Turns any controller into a water saving smart controller
- Healthier landscapes less prone to nutrient depletion, fungus, and shallow root growth
- Typical water savings exceed 40%
- TDT digital sensor enables highly accurate readings that are independent of soil temperature and electrical conductivity (EC)
- Displays soil moisture content, soil temperature and EC
- Corrosion-resistant in-ground sensor made of high-grade 304 stainless steel
- 25 Volts AC at 12W
- Operating temperature: -4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Survival temperature: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)
- cULus [US and Canada], FCC Part 15b [US], CE [European Union], Smart Approved WaterMark [Australia]
SMRT-Y Kit Includes
- Controller Interface
- In-Ground Soil Moisture Sensor
- Anodized, rust-proof screws, 1.5" (two per package)
- Wire nuts – 5 blue, 2 gray, 1 yellow
- Multilingual instruction manual, “Quick Start” Guide, and Soil Moisture sticker
Controller Interface Dimensions
- W: 3.0" (76mm); H: 3.0" (76mm); D: 0.75" (19mm)
In-Ground Soil Moisture Sensor Dimensions
- W: 2.0" (50mm); L: 8.0" (200 mm); D: 0.5" (12mm)
- 18 AWG wire leads @ 42 in. (106.7 cm) length
RGBW Color Changing MR16 Options For Landscape LightingRead now
Sollos Color Splash MR16 and Unique Vivid Series MR16 RGB: An Innovative Color Landscape Lighting Solution for Any Space Lighting is an essential element in any space, and it can significantly impact the mood and ambiance of a room. With...
Turtle Safe LED LightsRead now
In recent years, turtle populations have been declining due to various factors, including light pollution. Turtles use the natural light from the moon and stars to navigate, but artificial lights can confuse them and lead them away from their natural...
How Tankless Water Heaters WorkRead now
A tankless Rinnai water heater works by heating water on demand as it flows through the unit, rather than storing and continuously heating a large tank of water like traditional water heaters. Here are the steps of how a tankless...