Spec Sheet Install Manual
The DTC-170 incorporates a LCD (liquid crystal display) which accurately displays the time of day in 24-hour format. There are 8 possible "on/off" combinations that can be programmed. For security purposes, the timer has an additional feature that allows for a random variation of 2 to 32 minutes for each "on" and "off" time from the actual time programmed. Adjusting for Daylight Savings Time can be done quickly and easily. The programming of the timer is maintained during power failures by an internal battery. When the DTC-170 is first installed, it is recommended that the battery be given an opportunity to charge for a few hours before attempting to program the timer.
*Will not fit in150 Watt Transformers
The correct time of day and day of week must be set prior to using the timer for the first time (in 24-hour format).
- Press "CLOCK" and "HOUR" to set the hour of the day.
- Press "CLOCK" and "MIN" to set minutes.
- Press "CLOCK" and "WEEK" to set the day of the week.
There are 8 possible program combinations available.
- Press “PROG” to enter program mode. The display will show a “1” and “ON” in the left side of display.
- Press "HOUR", "MIN", and "WEEK" to program the correct day and time the timer should turn on.
- Press "PROG" to set the timer for OFF time and day for 1.
- Press "HOUR", "MIN", and "WEEK" to program the correct day and time the timer should turn off.
- If needed, press "PROG" to advance to the second (2) on/off setting.
- If needed, pressing "R" will cancel the current setting, pressing "R" a second time will undo the change.
Combination Weekly Setting:
While in the "Program Setting" mode above, various combinations of week days may be programmed into the timer.
- Press "WEEK" the display will show: "Mo, Tu, We, Th, Fr, Sa, Su". This setting will activate the timer for all 7 days.
- Press "WEEK" again and the individual day of the week will be shown.
- When "Su" is shown, pressing "WEEK" again will show: "Mo, Tu, We, Th, Fr" only. This allows programming for the work week as shown.
- Press "WEEK" again and the display will show: "Sa, Su". This will allow programming for the weekend. Continuing to press "WEEK" will provide the following additional combinations.
- Press "WEEK" again and every day but "Su" is displayed.
- Press "WEEK" again and "Mo, We, Fr" are displayed.
- Press "WEEK" again and "Tu, Th, Sa" are displayed.
- Press "WEEK" again and "Mo, Tu, We" are displayed.
- Press "WEEK" again and "Th, Fr, Sa" are displayed.
- Press "R" to cancel current setting, press "R" again to undo cancel.
- Press "WEEK" and "HOUR" simultaneously. The display will show "O" at the right hand side and indicates that the timer is in "RANDOM" on/ off mode and varies the on/off timing from the actual settings from 2 to 32 minutes.
- Press "HOUR" and "MIN" simultaneously. The display will show a clock symbol ".." at the right hand side and the correct time of day will move forward 1 hour to adjust for Daylight Savings Time. Press "HOUR" and "MIN" again to revert correct time of day back to standard time.
- "ON/AUTO/OFF" override. Press "ON/AUTO/OFF" or the button with the "HAND" symbol to force the timer into permanent "ON" "AUTO" program or permanent "OFF" mode.
- The accuracy of the timer is 2 minutes per month.
Starting Timer After Programming:
- When within the programmed window (preset time period), cycle through "ON/AUTO/OFF" button to "ON" mode (indicated by lighted red LED above display), and then "AUTO".
- When outside of the programmed window (preset time period), cycle through "ON/AUTO/OFF" button to "OFF" mode, and then "AUTO".
- Overall Depth: 3-3/8"
- Depth: 2.25"
- Width: 3.50"
- Height: 3"
Does Your State Require Pressure Regulated Irrigation Spray Heads?When it comes to irrigation systems, achieving uniform water distribution can be challenging. Conventional spray heads are prone to uneven water application due to varying water pressure. Does Your State Require Pressure Regulated Irrigation Spray Heads?Read now
Liberty P382LE51 and P382XPRG101 Sewage Pump Systems: An In-Depth ReviewLet's dive into the world of sewage pump systems and why Liberty's P382LE51 and P382XPRG101 models have gained popularity among users.Read now
Rinnai's new RSC199 tankless water heater with built-in recirculation and smart pumpWhen it comes to hot water systems, traditional storage tank water heaters have been the standard choice for decades. However, tankless water heaters have gained popularity in recent years due to their numerous advantages. Let's explore Rinnai's new RSC199 with built in recirculation pump.Read now